04 Apr The Benefits of Successful Recognition Programs
A successful recognition program can go a long way in creating a positive, lasting impact on the people that help make your organization what it is. Recognition is a key component in human experiences and can be especially valuable at work, recognizing and appreciation your team for what they do. I want to share some of the amazing opportunities, benefits, and tips for recognition programs, as this is something we love helping our clients with!
- Core Values Awards
- Years of Service Awards
- Sales Awards
- Thank You gifts
- Training Recognition
- Safety Awards and Incentives
- Client Appreciation gifts
Why you would have a recognition program?
- Recognition and rewards motivate employees
- Recognition at the right time ultimately improves performance in any organization.
- One Gallup poll found that 82% of employees say that recognition or praise they receive at work motivates them to improve their performance!
- Employees who feel valued and trusted are not only more productive, but they’re also more likely to stay in an organization where they feel seen and appreciated.
- Create a positive work environment that also motivates high performance
- They can reinforce desired behaviours and results
- Create a culture of recognition and increase team morale – positivity and recognition can be contagious!
- They support organizational missions and values (Ask us about our own Core Values awards program!)
- Reinforces best behaviours and practices
- A way to quantify and track exemplary behaviours and best practices in activity reports
- Increased team engagement which increases profitability
- You’ll see increased employee retention and less turnover!
- Customer satisfaction, loyalty and profitability are tied to recognition
- Use both formal and informal recognition to build a “culture of recognition”
- Provide a wide variety of recognition rewards to appeal to individual preferences
- Emphasize recognition of increased quality in performance instead of simply quantity of efforts
- Link reward activities to specific business objectives and/or cultural values
- Measure the cost of the recognition reward system and the benefits gained
- Recognize the employee on, or as close to the occasion as possible
- Pre-announce the event to create an atmosphere of celebration
- Include specific accomplishments & personal info
- Engage others to participate in the presentation
- Recognize workers regularly: sporadic recognition may be worse than no recognition
Let us help you build our your very own customized recognition program. Whether it’s a small team program, or a large inter-organization program, we can handle everything from program conception to final delivery! We will make the process easy and pain free! For more information, reach out to us today!
Source: Canadian Spirit, 2023, https://canadianspirit.com/page/recognition-program-solutions/